- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
- Tell us 7 things about you
- Award seven recently discovered new bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award.
7 Things You Never Knew About Me
1. I am from Invercargill, which is known for:
- Being the birthplace of Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian. The expanses of flat, quartz-black sand of Oreti Beach is beautiful.
- Being dubbed the 'Arsehole of the World' by Keith Richards 1965. *I spoke to a cab driver who attended the gig this statement referred to. The Stones were still fairly unknown and opening for Roy Orbison in Invercargill at the grand old Civic Theatre. As a rural town - with an audience there to see The Big O - the audience did not take kindly to the rough & rangy Stones taking the stage, and apparently there was a it of booing in anticipation to get the Stones off, and Roy on.
- Its proximity to Stewart Island, one of the most beautiful places in the world.
- Cheese Rolls - Sushi of the South. One of the yummiest things you will ever eat - molten cheesey goodness.
- Location of the world’s leading captive centre for Tuatara at the Southland Museum and Art Gallery, run by my friend Lindsay.
3. My first job in London was at Harrods. I worked on the 4th Floor in 'Way In' fashion. Then I became a Beauty Consultant and worked in the Cosmetics and Perfumery Sections on the Ground Floor. Harrods was a great way to see celebrities up close & personal.
- Most aged looking: Mick Jagger
- Most charming: Robbie Williams
- Most polite: Leanne Rimes
- Most tiny: Isla Fisher
- Most shy: Paula Yates
5. I have a Rarotongan heritage. I try to get back there at least once every two years.
6. I was first published aged 10 in the Sunday Times. It was a little prose about a black stallion, that was also read out on Dick Weir's national kids' Sunday morning radio show. The publishing career has somewhat stalled since then! Interestingly - Dick Weir's son is in The Black Seeds!
7. My favourite movie is Wild at Heart - even though it still kind of freaks me out.
I would like to take this opportunity to nominate my friends' Blogs! In addition to My Orange Stilettos, I have added a few other firm faves at the end.
Very cute Blog from my Melbourne-based sister, a mixture of fashion, food, photography and all things creative!
Great Blog from my friend Wendy on living a sustainable lifestyle.
Give a Fig
The very talented stylist, fashion photographer and makeup artist and old friend from the South!
Tessa and Ari
My beautiful friends Tessa and daughter Ari's Crochet Blog.
Maker of beautiful baby clothes and all around styley new Mum.
I have to add Isaac, not new - but a firm favorite!
Last but not least - I enjoy the gorgeous Aussie model Jessica Hart's Blog. Makes me very wistful for New York City!
Please do send me any fashion Blogs you think I may like - especially fellow Kiwis!